Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hello to all Washington Capital Fans

Washington Capitals Hockey

I decided to start this blog because I enjoy hockey so much that I thought it might be kind of neat to post my observations and comments about the Washington Capitals and hockey in general. I live about 40 miles outside of Washington in Baltimore and therefore don't get to see them as much as I like, but thanks to the NHL hockey package, I seldom miss a game. I should mention that I've always been a hockey fan and spent many Fall and Winter evenings down at the Baltimore Civic Center watching the Baltimore Clippers, which at the time were a minor league hockey team. The Clippers themselves are long gone but the memories of those evenings remain and that's where I developed my love of hockey.

Back to the Capitals, it's great to see the team develop in the last couple of years into a legitimate contender, and looking at the future, I can't help but believe that a Stanley Cup lies somewhere in their future. Perhaps this year, but probably in the near future. In any event, it's great to have a team that you can watch develop and grow, and you see that in the enthusiasm that Caps fans exhibit at the games.

Again, I'd like to say hi to everyone and hope that you will offer your own comments and insight about Capitals hockey and hockey in general on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment