Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alexander Semin

Washington Capitals Hockey

One of my favorite players for the Capitals is Alexander Semin. I really started to like this guy after watching his play against the Philadelphia Flyers in last years playoffs. While he's always had excellent offensive skills, I was impressed with his tenacity and physical play during that series. His game carried over into the beginning of this year and he was headed for a career year until injuries took him out of play for about a month. It looks as if he is putting it all together at the right time. Boudreau has even said that Semin has been the Caps best player for the last month. While he will probably always be in the shadow of the other Alex, I believe that some great things lie ahead for this budding superstar, and if he can stay healthy and free of injuries, I would expect him to be a perennial 50 goal scorer for the Caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment